Featured Articles and Links
Links for Socially Responsible Investing information:
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Resources
- Fossil Free Funds - Search for mutual funds and find the fossil fuels hidden within your portfolio
- Divesting from Fossil Fuels Doesn't Hurt Long-Term Returns written by Askshat Rathi, PhD.
- Make a Clean Break: Your Guide to Fossil Fuel Free Investing - written by 350.org, Green Century Funds and Trillium with a foreword by Bill McKibben
- The Financial Performance of Sustainability - PAX World discusses ESG and Risk
- The Transition to a Sustainable Economy - PAX World
- Responsible Investing - Addressing climate change can help add alpha and manage risk
- Four Reasons to Divest from Fossil Fuels - by Green Century Funds
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Funds Rise to $6 Trillion - Oil majors now cite divestment as a risk to them
- Fossil Fuels' Dirty Secret - Climate action or not, things look bad
- Ethical Barcode - Uncover what you're truly supporting when you spend at the grocery store
- The 100 Most Overpaid CEOs
- Vertical Forests - the radical plan to save China from air pollution
- Cleaning New York's filthy harbor with one billion oysters
- Smog Free Project - a series of urban innovations led by Daan Roosegaarde to reduce pollution and provide an inspirational experience of a clean future.
- Coal Museum Goes Solar - The Kentucky Coal Mining Museum is switching to solar power to save money on utility costs.
- CorporateKnights.com - the magazine for clean capitalism
- California Energy Commission - Energy Commission Adopts Standards Requiring Solar Systems for New Homes, First in Nation
- Lawsuit against oil companies - Anticipating the effects of climate change, King County sues major oil companies
- New York City divests - New York City plans to divest $5 billion from fossil fuels and sue oil companies
- Chevron Loses Amazon Case - court rules that Chevron must pay for environmental damage in Ecuador
- Air pollution from every single power plant in the world, tracked
- Green New Deal vs. the Status Quo
click here to watch Greta Thunberg's TEDx Talk
"In this passionate call to action, 16-year-old Greta Thunberg explains why...she walked out of school and organized a strike to raise awareness of global warming, protesting outside the Swedish parliament and grabbing the world's attention. 'The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions,' Thunberg says. 'All we have to do is wake up and change.'
A Guide to Market Fluctuations: - Keys to Prevailing Through Stock Market Declines
Media Replay: Today's headlines may seem scary -- so scary that "playing it safe" and not losing your money may seem like the only rational strategy. Click the link to learn more.
I Don't Want to Talk About It.: How to discuss eldercare with your parents.
Equifax Data Breach: On September 7th, 2017, Equifax announced a massive data breach that exposed vital personal identification data on as many as 143 million consumers, roughly 55% of Americans age 18 and older. This article provides tips for protecting yourself.
Everything Investors Need to Know - and Should Ignore - About the Upcoming Election (2016) written by Jerry Webman, PhD, CFA and Chief Economist at Oppenheimer Funds.
Listed below are links to web sites and information that may be of interest to you:
- Protecting Your Income: Tips for Seniors
- Letter to My Loved Ones - This document will help you prepare an "inventory" of your financial affairs and instructions to be used by your loved ones in the event of your passing.
- Medicare - The official US government site for Medicare
- MyMoney.gov - MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are buying a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401(k), the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you maximize your financial decisions.
- Record Retention Guidelines
- Saving for College
- Social Security Administration
- Washington HealthPlanFinder - Washington Healthplanfinder has a network of trained representatives across Washington State to help you enroll in health and dental coverage that meets your needs and budget.
- National Student Loan Data System - NSLDS is a central database that keeps track of how much federal student loan debt a student has
- Whatcom Community College offers free Medicare prep classes on a regular basis. Click here to go to their continuing education page where you can click on "Health Insurance & Medicare" to find the class dates.
- Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement
The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link to any of the web sites provided here, you are leaving this web site. We make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these web sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, web sites, information and programs made available through this web site. When you access one of these web sites, you are leaving our web site and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the web sites you are linking to.