Featured Articles and Links
Make a Clean Break: Your Guide to Fossil Fuel Free Investing written by 350.org, Green Century Funds and Trillium with a foreword by Bill McKibben
Parnassus Funds Update on Wells Fargo: Divest or Engage?
Everything Investors Need to Know - and Should Ignore - About the Upcoming Election written by Jerry Webman, PhD, CFA and Chief Economist at OppenheimerFunds.
Listed below are links to web sites that may be of interest to you:
- CFP Board's Consumer Guide to Financal Self-Defense - What you must know and do to prevent financial abuse
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Resources
- Fossil Free Funds - Search for mutual funds and find the fossil fuels hidden within your portfolio
- Ethical Barcode - Uncover what you're truly supporting when you spend at the grocery store
- Medicare - The official US government site for Medicare
- MyMoney.gov - MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are buying a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401(k), the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you maximize your financial decisions.
- Saving for College
- Social Security Administration
- Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA) - WAHA Access Counselors provide free and confidential information to help you find ways to get, keep, and use health care coverage and get health care.
- Whatcom County Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors - SHIBA is a free and unbiased service of the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner. The SHIBA program utilizes a statewide network of trained volunteer counselors who educate consumers about their Medicare options and rights.