I have been a financial advisor with HD Vest since 1999. But you may not be aware of the ways that I have or currently assumed leadership roles with the firm. Growing up in a family with many dedicated teachers (particularly my mother and 2 of her sisters and my grandparents), I know the value of teaching and conversely, the education received from the students. So here are the positions I have done so far:
- Washington State Chapter Director - I am currently in my 7th year in this position where I lead 6 meetings a year with HD Vest advisors from throughout the state. There are 65 advisors in our state. I facilitate training from the HD Vest home office, lead discussions amongst our members and act as a resource throughout the year.
- Mentor - I recently completed 12 years of mentoring individual HD Vest financial advisors around the country. This involves regular phone calls and Skyping/Facetiming to help each protege better serve their clients and develop best business practices.
- Financial Planning Institute Instructor - Working with several other experienced advisors, I taught, coached and provided color commentary to roughly 40 fledgling advisors at the HD Vest home office over a 3 day period.
- Annual Conference Panel - I have presented at our national conference to new and experienced advisors. Topics included practice management, investment management with an SRI focus and financial planning techniques.
- HD Vest Ambassador - I was just appointed this position by HD Vest. At our annual conference - CONNECT2017 the week of June 26, 2017 - I will assist newer advisors with learning how to optimize their attendance at the conference. This will include learning what their concerns are, analyzing individual sessions to attend and introducing them to advisors that I respect and admire. I will post to this blog next month and let you know how that goes!
'til next time,